Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.Mark Twain1
Growing your brand can be challenging, but we don’t experience the growth we ultimately expect if we don’t take on new challenges. So here are three dimensions and three sets of questions to help you and your teams discover new ways to build a stronger brand.
Three questions to discover your customers’ motivation:
- Why did you choose to purchase from us?
- How delighted are you with our product or services?
- What is your perception of our brand?
Three questions to find your brand’s style:
- Why do your customers trust you?
- How are you different?
- What tensions (pain points) do you solve?
Three questions to improve your brand strategy
- Who is your dream customer, and how do you speak to them?
- What brands do you admire?
- What is the purpose of your brand in today’s society?
Cult Brands outperform their competitors because they have a deep understanding of these dynamics. For best results, answer these questions continuously, and your brand will gain an edge that you can take to the bottom line each day.
- Gay McLaren, Morally We Roll Along, 1938. ↩